Monday 17 March 2014

TV series withdrawal

Living life is like driving a car that can't reverse. The farther you go, the more things you see that you'll never see again. Hindsight and reminiscence invade the recesses of our minds, growing up and up like weeds to pull us down. But going back is impossible. Even the weeds know that what’s been done cannot be undone. Still, the truth is hard to swallow.

I’m speaking about TV shows. When I finish watching a good series, my first desire is to erase my memory and watch it anew for the first time. But my hopes are short-lived. It cannot be done, my mind so reminds me. Instead, I'm transported into a pit of hopelessness, occupied by one thought: I have to wait thirty weeks for season two?

Torture, I tell myself, crossing day one off my calendar. Time couldn’t go slower if it, like me, had a mind to try. I re-cap the red marker when another truth intervenes. “You know, if you spent less time watching TV, you’d have less weight clogging your mind. The only weeds are the memories in which you’re doing something other than that which you should be doing. Make better use of your time so that one day, when your journey ends, you’ll step out of your car, you’ll look back and you’ll see, in amongst the weeds, an entire orchard abounding with fr---”
Thirty weeks? What am I going to do for thirty weeks?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About

My photo
This blog includes stuff that I've written.
Powered by Blogger.